New for this Christmas from Vivid Imaginations, and perfect for the young wannabe ballet dancer in your life is the ‘Magic Ballerina Dress Up and Dance with Darcey Bussell’ set.
Included in the kit is a beautiful pink leotard and lilac tutu, a copy of one of Delphie and the Magic Ballet Shoes from Darcey Bussell’s Magic Ballerina series of children’s books, and an instructional dvd featuring the main characters from the book teaching you 3 different ballet dances.
The Magic Ballerina series of books revolve around the world of Delphie and her magic ballet shoes she received from Madame Za-Za’s at her ballet school. Delphie, along with her ballet school friends Rosa and Holly enjoy fabulous adventures together through their Magic shoes, and with the ‘Magic Ballerina Dress Up and Dance Set’ your little one can get in on the fun as well.
Along with another couple of bloggers I had the pleasure of being invited to send in a few questions for Darcey to answer in a little Q&A. Here’s what happened on the day.
1) You started professional ballet at quite a late stage, there any reason for this?
I DID START BALLET CLASSES ON SATURDAYS FROM 5 YEARS OLD, BUT I WAS JUST NOT VERY INTO IT UNTIL I WAS ABOUT 12 YEARS OLD, I THINK IT WAS BECAUSE I ONLY WANTED TO BE A GYMNAST AND DID BALLET TO HELP MY FLOOR WORK. SLOWLY I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT WHEN ALL MY FRIENDS STOPPED GOING TO CLASS AND I REALIZED THAT I ENJOYED IT A LOT….
2) Why would you recommend ballet as an activity for children to get involved in? What qualities do you think it promotes?
I THINK IT’S ABOUT SPACE & THE MUSIC THAT MAKE DANCE A LASTING ENJOYMENT .
IT’S GREAT FOR A YOUNG BODY AS THEY STRENGTHEN THEIR MOTORING SKILLS AND MAKE THEM AWARE OF THEIR POSTURE AND STRENGTH.
WITH THIS CREATING ANOTHER CONFIDENCE , WITHOUT IT BEING LIKE A COMPETITIVE SPORT.
3) Where is your all-time favourite place to perform and why?
I THINK IT IS NEW YORK CITY, IT’S JUST A VERY EXCITING PLACE AND THE PEOPLE ARE VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT DANCE.
4) Who has been the most influential person in your career?
THERE HAS BEEN MANY, WHAT FIRST COMES TO MIND IS SIR KENNTH MACMILLIAN (GREAT CHOREOGRAPHER) AND MY COACH FOR MOST OF MY TIME WITH THE RB – DONALD MACLEARY.
5) What advice can you offer an aspiring ballerina who wants to turn professional?
THAT EVERY COMPANY IS DIFFERENT, SO DON’T SET YOUR HEART ON JUST ONE, ALSO REMEMBER YOU NEVER STOP LEARNING ESPECIALY AS A PERFORMER….
6) How did you first get involved with the Magic Ballerina brand?
IT WAS IN 2007, HAVING YOUNG CHILDREN OF MY OWN AND WANTING BOOKS ON DANCE TO READ TO THEM.
7) Will there be any further Magic Ballerina books in the future?
I HOPE SO, YOU JUST MIGHT NEED TO WAIT A WHILE!
8) When writing the Magic Ballerina books, do you see yourself as Delphie or Madame Za-Za?
I DON’T WRITE THE BOOKS, I JUST GIVE THEM ALL THE IDEAS ON THE DANCE STORIES AND KEEP AS MUCH DANCE STEPS HAPPENING THROUGH THE BOOKS AS POSSIBLE. IT’S MORE ABOUT MY GIRLS’ LOVE OF DANCE ON STAGE AND THE PERFORMANCES THAN ANYTHING OF ME.
9) Which is your favourite ballet story out of the Magic Ballerina series?
VERY DIFFICULT TO CHOOSE, ROSA AND THE MAGIC MOONSTONE, HOLLY AND THE SILVER UNICORN…MAYBE.
10) How much were you involved in the design + development of the Dress Up & Dance product?
ALL MY WORK WENT INTO THE DVD, AND WITH THE TEACHING AND ENJOYMENT OF THE DANCING.
11) Did you base the concept of Magic Ballerina on your own experiences with ballet?
YES, IT’S COME FROM MY LIFE AS A BALLERINA FOR MORE THAN 20 YEARS AND THE ENJOYMENT IN GIVING THE LOVE OF DANCE.
12) Is the Dress Up & Dance product a good way for girls to get interested in ballet?
YES, IT’S A GREAT WAY OF THEM ENJOYING MOVEMENT & MUSIC IN BALLET AND USING THEIR IMAGINATION.
13) Have your daughters or friends seen or played with the product and if so what did they think?
FUNNY – MY DAUGHTERS DID ENJOY IT, THEY HAD FUN TRYING TO PICK UP THE STEPS.
14) Are there any plans for similar ballet themed products she would be involved in again?
I HAVE MANY IDEAS, BUT NEED TIME WITH THIS FIRST!
Thanks very much to Darcey Bussell for answering my questions, it was really interesting.
The Magic Ballerina Dress Up and Dance Set is a great beginners set for any little girl with an interest in ballet. Not only do you get the leotard and tutu, plus the very well presented and easy to follow instructional dvd. You also get to delve into the world of Delphie and her friends through the Magic Ballerina books. A great set that would make an excellent christmas gift.
Sorry - no matching products found.